Description in English
Contours of the professional development in continuing education: requirements for professionalisation of personnel in continuing education
01.01.2016 – 31.12.2018
Prof.'in Dr. Ingeborg Schüßler (University of Education Ludwigsburg & overall coordniantion of the project)
Prof.'in Dr. Regina Egetenmeyer (University of Würzburg)
University of Education Ludwigsburg, Department for Adult and Continuing Education
Funding and Promotion
Funding authority for altogether 34 projects in the research program “Innovative Ansätze zukunftsorientierter Weiterbildung“ (innovative approaches of forward-looking continuing education) is the Federal Ministry of Education and Research of Germany (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung -BMBF).
The Federal Institute for Vocational Education and training (Bundesinstitut für Berufsbildung - BIBB) is the projects promoter.
The purpose of the research project “KOPROF” is to analyse and describe the contouring of professional development (professional roles and forms of professionalisation) in continuing education as well as figure out prospects for professionalizing its personnel.
To achieve this aim, especially there will be a
- description of the status quo of structures of profession and professionalisation up to now;
- creation of a differentiated overview of fields of action in continuing education and consequential professional roles;
- structural draft for professional development and professionalisation regarding the requirements for professional acting in continuing education.
The project is surveying, which typical functions and activities could be found in the field of continuing education as well as consequential professional roles differentiate from each other. Another interest is the question, which professional self-understanding and vocational self-concept the personnel in continuing education possesses in order to receive an impression of the development status of individual and profession-related professional ethics. Due to the lack of transparency regarding structures of professionalisation in different contexts of continuing education this research gap will be examined considering institutional and organisational circumstances as well as profession-political fundamentals.
For the inquiry of the projects purposes, there is a triangulated research design:
- case studies in different institutions of continuing education
- expert interviews (with scientists and people in authority for continuing education)
- a group discussion with personnel from continuing education
- a final questionnaire-based survey
© Pädagogische Hochschule Ludwigsburg